Estradiol Valerate: Uses and Side Effects
What is Estradiol Valerate?
Estradiol valerate is a hormone replacement therapy used to treat the symptoms of osteoporosis, menopause, hypoestrogenism, and advanced androgen-dependent prostate carcinoma. Buy Estradiol Valerate online at a reasonable price.
How Does Estradiol Valerate Works?
Estradiol valerate works by enhancing the lowered levels of sex hormones in women who undergo peri and post-menopausal periods. Menopause is stopping a woman’s period after an entire span of 12 months without menstruation. This medication is rapidly oxidized in the liver to estrone, which is hydroxylated to form estriol.
All these three forms are found in the blood. It is the most potent of the three. Secreted in menstruating women under the influence of FSH and concentration of Estradiol Valeratein blood increases during the follicular phase. After ovulation corpus luteum continues to secrete estrogens till about 2 days before menstruation.
It helps in combating several symptoms of menopause such as:
- Weak bones
- Hot flashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Hot sensation in the face, neck, and chest
Uses Estradiol Valerate
Doctors often prescribe this medication for:
- Patients who have hot flashes caused by menopause
- Night sweats, vaginal dryness, and burning caused by menopause
- Low estrogen caused by female hypogonadism
- Pain caused by advanced prostate cancer
- Low estrogen caused by primary ovarian failure
- Low estrogen caused by castration
Administering Estradiol Valerate?
- Read the information or ask your pharmacist before you start using this medication or each time you get a refill. To administer successfully, follow these guides:
- This medication is injected through the muscle or as directed by your doctor. The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
- Obtain one dose of injectable, needle, and syringe. For each injection use a disposable auto-disable syringe and needle from a new sealed package.
- Wash hands with soap and water, if possible. You also have to clean the injection site.
- Pierce the top of the vial with a sterile needle and fill the syringe with the proper dose.
- Administer the needle through your muscle in the desired area of your body.
- Dispose of disposable syringes and needles in a puncture-proof container.
Typical Dosing Guide for Estradiol Valerate
- For Menopausal symptoms. Administer 10 mg to 20 mg into the muscle every 4 weeks.
Prostate cancer: Inject at least 30 mg into the gluteal muscle every 1 to 2 weeks depending on the prescription of your doctor.
- Low estrogen conditions. Administer 10 mg to 20 mg into the buttocks every four weeks.
What are the Side Effects of Estradiol Valerate?
If any of these side effects persist, ensure to seek immediate help. Some serious side effects may also occur however, most patients have zero to minimal effects. These includes:
- Mental and mood changes
Depression and memory loss
- Breast lumps and unusual vaginal bleeding
- Increase instances of vaginal infection or irritation
- Increased thirst and urination
Serious but less likely to occur symptoms includes:
Warnings and precautions When Using Estradiol Valerate
- If you are using this medication at home, ensure that you are knowledgeable in self-administering the injections.
- Read the instructions and proper dosing in the product leaflet or ask your health care professional.
- Before using, check this product visually for particles or discoloration. If either is present, do not use the liquid.
- Avoid storing in hot temperatures to avoid spoiling the solution.
- If crystals are forming, dissolve them by warming the product to room temperature before administering.
- To monitor your progress and check for side effects, keep all regular medical and laboratory appointments.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions for examining your own breasts, and report any lumps right away. Consult your doctor for more details.
- Preventing or controlling high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes can help to reduce your chances of heart disease and stroke.
- Stress reduction, eating low-fat and salt diets, exercising regularly, and quitting smoking can all help control or prevent these diseases.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it.