Duloxetine is an antidepresant prescription medication. It is used to treat and manage conditions like:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Panic disorder
- Social anxiety disorder (SAD)
- Fibromyalgia, a long-lasting condition which causes muscle pain and stiffness
- Tingling and pain caused by diabetic neuropathy
- Ongoing muscle and bone pain such as osteoporosis and lower back pain
Duloxetine is a selective serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRIs). It works by affecting the natural chemical in the brain responsible in transmitting messages between nerve cells.
Why Buy Duloxetine?
Duloxetine is an FDA approved antidepressant. Doctors use this for patients with panic disorder. It helps to improve sleep, mood, energy level and appetite. Duloxetine decreases nervousness and pain due to certain medical conditions. It is available as a generic version and brand name Cymbalta. Both drugs are an equally effective antidepressant. However, you can buy the generic name at a cheaper price.
How to Take Duloxetine?
The typical dose in treating depression is 20 to 30mg twice a day. The dose for muscular pain, anxiety disorder and pain due to diabetic neuropathy is 60 mg a day. The starting dose is 30mg a day for the first week. The maximum recommended dose for anxiety disorder is 120 mg a day.
Take this medication exactly as directed. Do not take more than what is prescribed. Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not chew or crush the tablet. You can take it with or without food.
Things to Remember
- Duloxetine may help you control your symptoms but it will not cure your condition. It may start working a few days to weeks after intake. However, you may notice its full benefits after several months of treatment.
- Do not stop taking this medication without telling your doctor. A sudden stop may lead to withdrawal symptoms like dizziness, nausea, anxiety and sleeping difficulties. Continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- Duloxetine may cause adverse side effects like suicidal thought and action. Take this medication only upon the advice of your physician.
- Use Duloxetine with caution in patients with a history of seizures or mania.
- Do not use this product if you have uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages while taking Duloxetine. Alcohol consumption may increase the toxicity of this medication and may lead to serious side effects.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding patients must use this medication only when clearly needed.
- Duloxetine may cause serious side effects like allergic reaction and signs of liver problems. If this happens, call your doctor right away.