What Condition Does Tretinoin Cream Treat and It’s Price?
Tretinoin cream is a treatment of choice for comedonal acne as well as blackheads and whiteheads. It is a form of vitamin A that helps renew the skin by increasing the skin cell turnover, promoting the extrusion of the plugged materials in the follicles.
What condition does Tretinoin Cream treat?
Tretinoin cream is used for treating acne vulgaris, a common chronic skin disease involving the formation of :
Comedones: These are small bumps found on foreheads and chins. Open comedones are known as blackheads, while close comedones are known as whiteheads.
Papules: It is a type of inflamed blemish that looks like a red bump of the skin with no visible fluid. It develops excess oils, and skin cells clogging the pores.
Nodules: Nodules are the growth of abnormal tissue that develops just below the skin.
Pustules: These are bumps on the skin that contains pus or fluids. The bumps look very similar to pimples, but they can become significant.
Cysts acne: It’s the most severe type of acne. Cystic acne can result from a combination of oil, dry skin, and bacteria trapped in the pores.
Tretinoin cream can also treat sun-damaged skin by:
How does Tretinoin Cream work?
Tretinoin cream, also known as retinoic acid, is a vitamin A derivative. It works by loosening the cells on the surface of the skin. Using tretinoin cream helps unclog the pores so the sebaceous gland can function normally.
- Also, Tretinoin cream works by increasing skin cell turnover. It lightens the skin and replaces the old skin cells with newer skin naturally. The cream helps unblock the skin pores and decrease the formation of blackheads.
- Tretinoin cream slows down how your body removes skin cells that may have been harmed by the sun.
What is the dosage of Tretinoin Cream?
How to use Tretinoin Cream?
- Use tretinoin cream with other skincare products such as moisturizers and sunscreen.
- Tretinoin cream is very effective against blackheads and whiteheads. However, it may take 6 to 9 weeks before you will see noticeable differences in acne. It may also take up to six months to work against fine facial wrinkles.
What are the precautions in using Tretinoin Cream?
- This cream is not the right choice for women who are pregnant or who want to become pregnant.
- Long-term use of this cream can change the color and texture of your skin.
- Tretinoin cream can make your skin sensitive to UV light. Avoid prolonged sun exposure or artificial tanning while you are using Tretinoin Cream. If possible, use protective measures such as protective clothing over your skin’s treated areas or use sunscreens.
- If you have sunburned skin, wait until your skin is fully healed before applying Tretinoin cream to avoid skin irritation and other adverse side effects.
- If you get skin irritation, redness, itching, swelling, or burning sensations on the treated areas, apply the cream less frequently. If redness, swelling, and irritation persist, discontinue using the cream and talk to your doctor.
- Tretinoin cream is for external use only. Do not swallow the cream. Do not use the cream on your eyes, nostrils, mouth, eyelids, and broken skin. If you accidentally get the cream on these areas, wash it off with clean water.
- When using cosmetics or moisturizer, do not apply at the same time with Tretinoin cream. You need to wash your face first before applying the cream. You can apply moisturizers or makeup when the cream is fully absorbed into your skin.
Costs of Generic Tretinoin Cream vs.
The generic Ondansetron is an effective drug against nausea and vomiting caused by surgery, radiation, and cancer therapy. It’s cheaper than the brand name Zofran. Ondansetron 4mg only costs $1 per tablet or $10.00 per 10 tabs at Rx2go.Com. The brand name Zofran 4 grams cost $233.80 per 10 tablets or $23.38.