What is Strongyloidiasis?
Strongyloidiasis infection is caused by roundworm or nematode. The roundworm is usually found in warm climates, like those of tropical and subtropical countries. Certain strains of this infection have also been found to infect primates, dogs, and cats.
Signs and Symptoms of Strongyloidiasis?
Risk Factors of Strongyloidiasis
Strongyloides are most commonly transmitted by contacting soil contaminated with Strongyloides larvae. The risk of being infected increases when activities increase contact with the soil, such as:
- Walking with bare feet
- Contact with human waste
- Contact with sewage
- Farming and coal mining are occupations that increase soil contamination
Safe and effective drugs are available to treat Strongyloidiasis infection. Ivermectin is also a recommended medication for a condition such as strongyloidiasis. Ivermectin works by paralyzing and inactivating the gut of parasites in humans. Buy Ivermectin here at the most reasonable price. These are medical-grade medications that require a doctor’s prescription.
How Can Strongyloidiasis Be Prevented?
Strongyloides infection can be prevented by wearing shoes and avoiding contact with feces or sewage. Additionally, if you suspect that you are infected, you should be tested and treated if you are positive for the disease. Preventing disease begins with the proper disposal of sewage and the management of feces.
Ascariasis is an infection in the small intestine caused by a parasitic roundworm “Ascaris Lumbricoides”. Ascaris is a large roundworm that grows over 12 inches in length. It is the most common roundworm infection. People usually get this parasite through consumption of food without proper washing of hands. The parasite can also spread when you drink unsafe water. It can also transmit when vegetables grown in the soil are not properly cooked and washed.
The parasite can penetrate the intestinal tract. From there, the parasite can go to the lungs and into the air sacs and throat.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
Literally, the infection has shown no symptoms. The symptoms may become noticeable when the worm starts to grow. Symptoms include:
Roundworms in the stomach
- Vomiting, nausea
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Worm in the stool
- Weight loss
- Impaired growth among children
Roundworm in the lungs
- Gagging or coughing
- Chest discomfort
- Blood in the mucus
- Shortness of breath
The following are the risk factors of this infection:
- People that live in tropical areas.
- Poor hygiene and sanitation
- Eating food with dirty hands.
Heavy infestation can infect other parts of the body and can lead to a more serious problem such as:
- Duct blockage-the worm blocks the passageway to the pancreas and liver.
- Intestinal blockage- a mass of worm blocks the intestine causing vomiting and severe pain.
- Loss of appetite and poor nutrient absorption.
Doctors can diagnose ascariasis by examining the stool sample for parasites.
If the infection is heavy, doctors may suggest you undergo the following imaging tests:
- CT Scan
- MRI Test
The most important measure to prevent this kind of infection is a safe disposal of human waste. Other safety measures to prevent getting this infection include:
- Proper washing of hands with soap and water before handling food.
- Washing hands with soap and water after cleaning pig pens, and pig manure.
- Practicing a proper hygiene.
- Teaching and practicing a good sanitation.
- Avoid ingesting soil that contains human and pig feces which used as fertilizers.
- Warned the kids to avoid putting their hands in their mouth without washing them.
- Wash and cook the vegetables properly especially those that have grown in the soil and fertilized with manure.
- Peel and wash the fruits properly before consuming them.
Doctors may prescribe the following medications to treat ascariasis infections:
- Albendazole – this should be taken with food.
- Ivermectin – this should be taken with an empty stomach with water.
- Pyrantel Pamoate – this drug is used to treat pregnant women.
- Piperazine Citrate
Natural Home Remedies used to treat Ascariasis:
The following can also help in treating this infection:
- Unriped Papaya
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Carom Seeds
- Pomegranate Tree Bark
- Bamboo Leaves