Re-Order Re-Order

Chat Support
Monday to Saturday



Metronidazole is an antibiotic prescribed to treat protozoan and bacterial infections like:

  • Infections that occur in the gastrointestinal tract or reproductive systems like trichomoniasis and amebiasis
  • Pelvic inflammatory disease
  • Dental and gum infections like ulcerative gingivitis and tooth abscesses
  • Bowel infection due to Clostridium difficile bacteria
  • Bone infection known as osteomyelitis
  • A serious form of pneumonia
  • Blood infection or sepsis or blood poisoning
  • Infections of the abdomen like pelvic cellulitis, peritonitis or pelvic abscess
  • Vaginal infection known as bacterial vaginosis
  • Surgical site infections
  • Skin and soft tissue necrotizing infections

It’s used alone or in combination with other antibiotics in treating susceptible anaerobic bacterial infections. Doctors also prescribe this medication to prevent infections following a surgery particularly on the gut and gynecological surgery. Metronidazole works by killing the bacteria or parasite. It selectively blocks some of the functions within the parasite and bacterial cells which results in their death.

Why Buy Metronidazole?

Metronidazole is effective against anaerobic bacteria and certain parasites that can cause diseases in the liver, abdomen, and pelvis. Unlike any other antibiotic, this medicine is less likely to make bacteria resistant to it. Metronidazole FDA approved for medical use since 1960 and is one of the most prescribed medications in the US. It’s one of the safest and most effective medicines needed in the health system.

How to take Metronidazole?

Your dose is based on your infection, the severity of your infection and your age. The typical adult dose is 500 mg to 750 mg a day for 5 to 14 days. Take it as directed by your doctor. Do not take more or less than what is recommended. You can take it with or without food. For patients with a decreased liver function, your doctor may prescribe you a lower dose.

Things to Remember

  • Avoid drinking an alcoholic beverage while using this medicine and at least 3 days after you finish it. Drinking alcohol while under this medication can make you throw up a lot. It may also cause flushing, headache and cramps.
  • Prolonged used and high doses may increase your risk for more side effects like nerve damages.
  • This medicine is not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
  • Avoid taking this with a blood thinner like Warfarin. This may cause an increase in heart rate which can lead to a seizure.
  • Contact your doctor if you experience any of the following:
  • Blurred vision
  • Allergic reactions such as difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue and rashes
  • Unusual bruising, mouth ulcers and high fever