Ciprofloxacin is a prescription antibiotic. It is used to treat a wide variety infection caused by bacteria such as:
- Ear, nose and throat infections like otitis media, sinusitis and otitis externa.
- Infections of the skin such as infected wounds, burns, cellulitis and abscesses
- Infections of the bones and joints such as septic arthritis
- Infections of the prostate like prostatitis and testicles
- Chest infections like acute bronchitis, pneumonia and COPD
- Eye infections like conjunctivitis
- Infections of the abdomen like peritonitis and abdominal abscesses
- Infection of the intestines and stomach like infections diarrhea and typhoid fever
- Urinary tract infections including kidney infections, cystitis and urethritis
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Lung infection among children known as cystic fibrosis
- Prevention of meningitis
Ciprofloxacin belongs to the fluoroquinolone group of drugs. It works by killing the bacteria that cause infections. It kills the bacteria by stopping the DNA-gyrase from producing an enzyme. This enzyme is vital for bacteria to multiply and repair themselves. By stopping the enzyme, the bacteria can’t repair themselves and die.
Why Buy Ciprofloxacin?
Ciprofloxacin is the most potent first-generation antibiotic. It is a broad spectrum drug with high potency and rapid bacterial activity. It is effective against a large number of bacteria, some of which tends to be resistant to other types of antibiotic. This drug is particularly useful against a sub-group of bacteria known as Gram-negative bacteria.
How to Take Ciprofloxacin?
Take this medication according to your doctor’s prescription. Your dose is based on the following:
- your condition
- the severity of your condition
- your age
- your weight
For most infection, the required dose is 250 mg to 750 mg every 12 hours for the immediate release. For the extended-release tablet, the dose is 500 mg to 1000 mg every 24 hours. Take it with or without food with a glass of water. Do not take it with dairy products or juices fortified with calcium. Swallow the tablet whole.
Things to Remember
- For this drug to work properly, it’s vital to take this at a regular interval without missing a dose.
- Continue taking this medication even if you feel better. Do not stop taking this without telling your doctor. You have to finish the entire course of your treatment. Stopping it too soon can only make the bacteria resistant to this medicine.
- Like any other medications, this can cause unwanted side effects. It can make your skin sensitive to sunlight which can cause sunburn, skin rash, itching and redness. Take protective measures like wearing protective clothing and sunscreen.
- Do not take this medication if you have heart, liver, kidney problems, epilepsy and history of stroke.